The call for application for the International Exhibition Dak’Art 2014 is published since May 17th, 2013. Deadline: 15th of September 2013. The Biennale will be pleased to receive application portfolios of African and African Diaspora contemporary artists. Thanks to all of you to spread largely this application call in your country to institutions, professionals, art schools, ministry of culture, art centres, etc.
Complete application portfolios must be sent as soon as possible and received lately September 15, 2013 to email@example.com.
Candidates must read carefully and download beside:
- the application form (.pdf) to be filled in Acrobat and sent back by email with your portfolio. Important indications to complete your portfolio are on page 2.
- the regulation (.pdf)
Portfolio must include the following elements digitalized:
- Application letter written by you indicating your acceptance of regulation
- Application form dully filled, and completed only in Acrobat pdf
- A biography of maximum 15 lines in french and in english
- Detailed curriculum vitae: civil status, studies, exhibitions, awards, residencies, publications, links on the web.
- A recent portrait photograph of the artist (digitalized)
- Five colour photos digitalized of recent works being property of the artist and less than 2 years old.
- Technical file of submitted works
- Copies of articles in art magazines and art critic articles on the artist’s work, one or several statements from well known experts (optional).
- This call for application is only for African and African Diaspora artists.
- Works submitted for selection must not have been shown yet in an international exhibition. They must be property of the artist and date of less than 2 years.
- The General Secretariat of the Biennale of Dakar will not consider incomplete applications portfolios.
- Application documents will not be sent back to the artists after deliberations of the selection committee. They will be added to the documentation centre of the Biennale of Dakar.
- Text documents must be in only in RTF or PDF files (CV, biography, press articles, letters, technical file).
- Photo documents (picture of artworks, portrait of the artist) must be in JPEG, TIFF or PNG files obligatory in high resolution 300 dots/inch, over 2MO per photo (necessary for quality printing).
- Each photo file of work must be named so : name-of-artist_given-name_title-of-work_year .
- Videos must not be compressed and have to be sent or by large file transfer, else on dvd sent by post (the jury shall not consider links on Utube, Myspace etc).
- Send also 3 photo captions for each video, in JPEG, TIFF ou PNG files obligatory in high resolution 300 dots/inch.
- A technical file must match each photo of work and indicate name of the file, name of the artist, title of work, used technique, year, dimensions, name of photographer of work, material needed for installation, if necessary sketches and plan, and also in 4 lines an explanatory description of each art work.
- You can also provide a portfolio in pdf showcasing your previous work (optional).
- By large file transfer in one download file zipped (dl.free.fr, Wetransfer, Yousendit, Dropbox, Sendbox, etc) reported by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By email (only if the size of all attachment are under 10MO) and if possible in one sending in zip file to email@example.com
- Per Post for dvd with large size videos, with registered parcel or express mail to: Secrétariat Général de la Biennale de Dakar. 19, Avenue Hassan II . B.P. 3865 Dakar – RP. Sénégal
- Artists who can’t digitalize their documents are allowed to send it printed by post. For photos printed on paper, name of the artist, given name, title of work, year must be written on the back of each photo.