D-NEFF - Experimental Film Festival
Vitoria-Gasteiz Council’s Culture Department in partnership with the Basque Government’s Culture Department and Alava County Council’s Culture Department and in partnership with the New European Film Festival (NEFF), presents the Different-NEFF European Experimental Exhibition according to these rules:
- Any European work made after January 1, 2005 will be accepted.
- This exhibition is made for experimental works (No fiction) submitted on any video or cinema format. The running time will be of 45 minutes maximum.
- There are no limits related to the original language of the work but a translation-subtitling in Spanish and/or in English will be highly appreciated.
- There’s no limit in the number of works an author can submit but every video must contain just one work and a separate entry form must be filled in for every work submitted.
- Works must be submitted on DVD format (zone 2). The entry
form must contain all the author’s data (including a photocopy of an official identification document) and information about the works for media purposes and catalogue advertising, as well as high quality photographs of the film.
- An expert committee will make a selection of the submitted works in order to be screened at Different NEFF in June, 2007.
- All the submitted works will receive (on receipt of invoice) the amount of 100 € (taxes included) as a payment for the exhibition rights for two showings in June, 2007 in Vitoria-Gasteiz. Also they will receive a Festival’s official catalogue.
- Those authors whose works have been selected must send a copy of better quality on digital format (or on cinema format if so asked) for its public exhibition. The organisation reserves the right to reject any work due to its low quality as well as to ask the authors for a better quality copy than the one submitted previously.
- Participants are expected to authorize an excerpt of their works of a maximum length of three minutes for their broadcasting purposes in all the media.
- A copy of the selected works will become property of Montehermoso Cultural Centre’s Mediateca which reserves the right of using them for cultural purposes without any lucrative interest.
- The participants will pay shipping charges for sending the works. The organisation is not responsible for the possible damages copies might suffer although measures will be taken to ensure protection of all works.
- It is the responsibility of the participants to make sure that the rights to their works are cleared for the exhibition. The Organisation will not hold any responsibility derived from the infrigement of this rule.
- Participation in the Experimental Exhibition entails the acceptance of the current regulations.
Material Reception Data:
Works to be selected must reach the Organisation before May 22, 2007
at the following address:
Centro Cultural Montehermoso (D-NEFF)
C/Fray Zacarías Martínez, 2
01001- Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain)