Santa Fe International New Media Festival
CURRENTS 2014, the 5th Annual Santa Fe International New Media Festival will be held in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA on June 13 – June 29, 2014. CURRENTS’ curators look for the unique ways artists use technology as a tool for expression and communication, and ways that scientists, programmers and developers are integrating the arts and aesthetics into their explorations and projects.
The citywide Festival will be held in venues throughout Santa Fe: El Museo Cultural de Santa Fe, the Center for Contemporary Arts, the digital dome facility at the Institute for American Indian Arts, Santa Fe Art Institute, Zane Bennett Contemporary Art, David Richard Gallery, The Tower Gallery on the Pojoaque Pueblo, Axle Contemporary, Warehouse 21 and the Santa Fe Railyard Plaza. In addition to exhibitions CURRENTS 2014 offers panel discussions, workshops and multimedia performances. All exhibitions and most events are free to the public.
To Submit Your Work: http://currentsnewmedia.org/artistssubmissio.html
The CURRENTS Festivals are produced by Parallel Studios, a 501 ©(3) nonprofit organization.
This Year’s Categories
- Category A – New Media Installations (video, sound, interactive, computer/software modulated or robotic sculpture or computer/software assisted fabrications)
- Category B – Single Channel Video and Animation
- Category C – Multimedia Performance
- Category D – Experimental or Interactive Documentary
- Category E – Digital Dome Projection
- Category F – Web-art, Art-gaming, Art-Apps (phone, iPad,etc).
- Category G – Youth New Media Makers