In 2007, ctrl_alt_del will be realized by NOMAD in corporation with Istanbul Technical University – MIAM and Kadir Has University. The base of the project will be Kadir Has University which is located on Golden Horn. This year ctrl_alt_del will include Opening Concert, Performance Series (live), Workshops, Panels, Presentations, Open Call, Field Studies/Workshops, Exhibition, Radio Programmes, Publication and CD release. The theme of ctrl_alt_del in 2007 will be “remote orienteering”. As the first dedicated sound art festival in Turkey, ctrl_alt_del enjoyed a great deal of international publicity in 2003 and 2005. For the third ctrl_alt_del to be held in September 2007, we are now looking for interesting, provocative, subversive, experimental and sophisticated works. 5 pieces will be selected by the jury and will be presented during ctrl_alt_del.
- Georg Dietzler
- Paul Devens
- Murat Ertel
- Hassan Khan
- Eran Sachs
- Istanbul Technical University – MIAM (Pieter Snapper and Can Karadogan)
- NOMAD (Emre Erkal, Erhan Muratoglu, Basak Senova)
The practice of “remote orienteering” suggests generating content and schematics in our conduct. Equally applicable for radical means of urban subversion, “remote orienteering” is the key process which the entries of ctrl-alt-del should be directed.
The pieces are asked to be compliant with the following subjects in order to create an intellectual climate of comprehension and discussion:
- sounds for orientation, or sound as orientation.
- distant sounds or sound in spatial contexts
- sound and cultural subversion
- Two audio CD’s (original and a copy) of only ONE piece is the format of the submission. Piece will not be more than 4 minutes long. Projects which rely on specific visual documentation can be submitted on a DVD, but in any case clip should not be longer than 4 minutes.
- The name of the participant and the name of the piece(s) should be written on this CD with a permanent marker.
- An A4 size page with name, address, e-mail and telephone number of the participant, and the names of the piece will be submitted.
- An optional, separate A4 size page with a description, clarification or reflection could be submitted depending completely on the desire of the participant. These optional documents will not be used for evaluation, but they could be used in later stages.
The works should be at the below mailing address before the -29th of June, 2007
submission date is extended to July 20th:
Basak Senova PK 16 Suadiye
Selected works and their owners will be announced in August 2007 on the NOMAD website.
All of the submitted material will be kept in NOMAD archive.