The Second International Conference & Festival of Sound Design
- Venue: Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Conference Dates: Feb. 17th – 19th, 2012
We are seeking multi-disciplinary contributions on sound in relation to the moving image. Media thinkers, film scholars, art historians, performance theorists, composers, filmmakers, sound practitioners, multimedia semioticians, philosophers of perception – we invite these and others to submit proposals for 20 minute panel presentations. All accepted presentations will be considered for inclusion in the CINESONIKA issue of The Soundtrack academic journal if expanded into papers and submitted for peer review (1000-3000 words for short articles, 5000-6000 words for long papers).
In addition to the general call, we are also interested in research related to the genres of horror and science fiction as part of a themed section of the conference.
Submitting to the Conference
- Please write Cinesonika 2 – Paper Submission in the subject heading.
- Deadline for Abstracts (under 500 words): Nov. 30th 2011
- Please submit your abstract and short bio both as an attachment (.doc or .pdf) and also pasted into the body of your email submission, to email@example.com