Call for Papers, Presentations and Works: CINESONIKA 2010
CINESONIKA: The First International Film and Video Festival of Sound Design is extending its deadline for the conference component to Sept 6th.
We are seeking interdisciplinary contributions on sound in relation to the moving image. Media thinkers, film scholars, art historians, performance theorists, composers, filmmakers, sound practitioners, multimedia semioticians, philosophers of perception – we invite these and others to submit proposals for 20 minute panel presentations. All accepted submissions will be considered for inclusion in a special issue of The Soundtrack journal (Intellect books), 1000-3000 words for short articles, 5000-6000 for long papers.
Submitting to the Conference:
- Please write “Cinesonika – Paper Submission” in the subject heading.
- EXTENDED Deadline for Abstracts (under 500 words): Sept 6th, 2010.
- Please submit your abstract and short bio both as an attachment (.doc or .pdf) and also pasted into the body of your email submission, to email@example.com
For information on submitting audiovisual work to the festival, please visit:
Festival Dates: Nov. 12th-21st, 2010.
Conference Dates: Nov. 12th-14th, 2010.
- Michael Filimowicz (School of Interactive Arts and Technology, Simon Fraser University)
- Dr. Lisa Coulthard (University of British Columbia)
- Dr. Diane Gromala (Canada Research Chair, Simon Fraser University)
- Keynote Speaker: Don Ihde
Venue: Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, British Columbia