CDA Projects 2012
Cda-Projects Grant has offered a €10,000 grant annually since 2011 to support the production of an artistic research project.
The grant aims at supporting and opening up discussions on artistic research to an expanded network through an open call. It encourages speculative approaches to how discourse is staged and how knowledge is produced, rethought and interwoven across disciplines. Without any limitations on the content, the proposed inquiries are expected to suggest new forms and methodologies, by reflecting on contexts and conditions of the knowledge produced.
Cda-Projects Grant will also support a publication after the completion of the project that brings together discussions on the artistic research undertaken, including the questions raised, speculative analysis and the final outcome. The publication will be prepared by Cda-Projects Grant in cooperation with the grant recipient.
Authors (includes artists, curators, writers, thinkers etc…) of any nationality, regardless of age, can propose projects to be carried out individually or collectively.
Applicants can submit an artistic research project that is currently in the production stage or one that is scheduled to be completed during the six‐month period following the date of selection.
Project selection will be made after assessing the proposals considering the following criteria:
- Ability to speculate on what knowledge is and suggest new forms of knowledge production.
- Ability to articulate an innovative methodology and form in relation to the content.
- Project feasibility according to the complementary documents provided as well as the documentation for the proposed project.
- A dynamic working methodology which considers artistic practice from multiple viewpoints including theoretical, conceptual, aesthetic and beyond.
- A willingness to take risks and try completely new and unfamiliar working methodologies.
All the submitted documents should be in English and in PDF format. Applications that are not sent in the specified format will not be considered.
- Project proposal and documentation (Maximum 500 words explaining your artistic research project, motivations of the research to be carried and the expected outcome. Up to 4 images can be included as documentation.)
- Curriculum Vitae (Include e-mail and mailing address.)
- Portfolio consisting of three completed research based projects.
- Time-based media should be submitted in low-resolution format via upload and the link should be provided within the portfolio (Not larger than 350MB.) If the resolution is important, you can send a DVD with excerpts up to 30 minutes to the postal address below.