BROOKLYN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
BFF was established in 1998 as the first international competitive film festival in New York. BFF’s primary goal is to connect filmmakers to distribution companies and expose them to the media.
- Feature Narrative,
- Short Narrative
All films must be in English or with English subtitles.
Screening or Rental Fees
BiFF does NOT CONSIDER films that require SCREENING/RENTAL FEES.
Feature (narrative): no less than 60 minutes
Short film: less than 60 minutes
Documentary, Animation and Experimental: no limitations.
Entries can not have theatrical run (commercial release) or be broadcast (TV) anywhere in the U.S. before June 15, 2010. Previous screenings at other film festivals as well as private, industry, and press screenings are OK. The “New York Premiere” status is preferred, but not mandatory.
Projects submitted to the Festival must have been completed after June 1, 2008. Works-in-progress are considered only during the final submission deadline and if the film will be completed by May 15, 2010.
Films produced, financed, or initiated by a major motion picture studio are not eligible for the competition.
SUBMISSION PACKAGE REQUIREMENTS
- Entry Form
- DVD Preview Copy Format: Preview copy must be submitted on DVD. Both PAL and NTSC systems are accepted. Region 1 (US & Canada) and region 0 (region free) DVDs are preferred but we accept all regions. DVD Preview copies will be retained by the festival.
Each submission must be accompanied by the entry fee.
Early deadline: Entry Fee $30 (November 30, 2009 – EXPIRED)
Final deadline: Entry Fee $50 (March 15, 2010)
RULES FOR SELECTED FILMS
Filmmakers selected for the competition will be notified by May 10, 2010.
Additional Materials & Deadlines
IF your film is selected, you must provide the following:
By May 15, 2010
- Electronic Press kits & High Resolution Digital Photos
- Posters / Postcards and other available publicity material
- Additional preview copies (DVD) of the film.
By May 25, 2010
- The screening copy in the best available format accepted by the festival.
180 South 4th Street, Suite 2 S
NY 11211 Brooklyn
phone: +1 (718) 388 4306