ASPECT is currently welcoming submissions for our ninth volume, Performance. This issue will focus on the broad spectrum of performance art-from the most traditional interpretations to those integrating advanced technologies, inanimate objects, passersby, sites, and beyond.
All submissions must include the following, and must be postmarked by September 30, 2006.
- Video in DVD, VHS or miniDV format.
- Artist’s name and resume
- Artist and Commentator contact information (phone, mailing address, and e-mail)
- Commentator’s name and resume
- Brief notes outlining the contents of the proposed commentary
- A self-addressed stamped envelope if materials need to be returned
Commentators can be curators, critics, theorists, educators, or other individuals with a broad understanding of the artist’s work and the greater art historical context. An artist cannot supply his or her own commentary. The video should be between 5-12 minutes in length.
You will be contacted by November 1 if your piece is selected. At that point, the following additional information will be needed:
- Your video on miniDV tape or as uncompressed Quicktime data file on dvd
- A short (approx. 100 words) biography of the artist
- A short (approx. 100 words) statement about the work
- A photograph of the artist
- A short (approx. 100 words) commentator’s biography
- A photograph of the commentator