ASPECT: The Chronicle of New Media Art, a biannual dvd publication, is currently seeking time-based documentation of artwork in the public sphere for Volume 13: Public. Expanding the notion of public art, this issue will focus on artists’ interventions within civic space, ephemeral or monumental.
The staff of ASPECT is seeking curators, art critics, and members of the contemporary art community to help assemble and comment on works for this issue by submitting a work of art on which they wish to provide audio commentary. Due to the format of the publication, the criteria for selection will include both the qualifications of the commentator and the quality of the work submitted. Audio recordings of the commentary will be assembled after the submissions have been selected.
Submissions should include:
- Video documentation of a work or small group of works by a single artist (no more than 15 minutes in length)
- A brief (100 word) statement regarding the submitted work
- Resume of the artist
- Contact information for the commentator and artist
- Resume of the commentator
- Brief notes outlining the contents of the proposed commentary in relation to the theme, V13: Public.
Submissions must be received by August 25, 2008 and sent to:
ASPECT: The Chronicle of New Media Art
46 Waltham Street, suite 103
Boston, MA 02118
All artists will be contacted via email regarding their submission no later than October 1, 2008