The 2007 edition of the AsoloArtFilmFestival will be held in Asolo (Treviso) from 24 – 29 September 2007. The Festival upholds the cultural traditions and embodies the concepts established by the Festival Internazionale del Film sull&8217;Arte e di Biografie d&8217;Artista.
In 2001, thirty years after its first establishment and following the progress in visual languages, the Festival was re-launched with the name of AsoloArtFilmFestival, an international exhibition with a contest dedicated to films and videos dealing with the topics of art.
Since then and every year the Festival is also the stage for the Career Award Falvia Paulon, awarding an artist of international success who has left a significant trace on the scene of the contemporary art and cinema scene, both with his/her art and personality.
The contest is divided into five sections:
- FILMS ON ART for works on art and music;
- ARTIST&8217;S BIOGRAPHIES for works of historical reconstruction and critical interpretation on personalities from the world of art and music;
- FILMS ON ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN for works on architecture, urbanism and design relating to history, movements, main personalities, works and projects;
- VIDEO ART & COMPUTER ART for works using electronics or computer technologies as a method of direct artistic expression;
- PRODUCTIONS OF SCHOOLS related to art and music, produced by schools of cinema, specialized higher education institutes and universities.
Only works produced after January 1st 2005 are eligible for the contest. The works must fall into one of the 5 sections previously described and it must be indicated on the entry form. The Selection Committee reserves the right to move a work to another section, should it find it more appropriately fitting.
To enter the contest the works presented must be accompanied by what follows:
- an entry form completed in all its parts;
- 2 copies of the work, PAL Standard DVD or VHS;
- short biography and an essential filmography of the film-maker(s);
- synopsis of the work in Italian or English;
- at least 3 different stills or backstage pictures of the work (JPG format, min. 300dpi);
- the authorisation to the use of the work for the Festival&8217;s promotional purposes only on public screenings, tv, newspapers and magazines;
- the scripts of the dialogues and/or commentary in Italian or English;
- a list of original and non-original soundtracks titles.
The above mentioned material, prepared by the participants, must be submitted by June 30th 2007. Works arriving after the given date will be accepted only on date as postmark. Should the submitted material be incomplete the Festival&8217;s Organizing Committee only will decide whether the work is eligible for the contest and its decision will not be disputable.
The submitted material will not be returned but kept as documentation in the Festival&8217;s archive. A copy of each work will become part of the A.I.A.F International Media Library, created to the benefit of Universities, Schools and students worldwide for educational purposes only and aimed at promoting the activities of the Festival itself.
The required materials must be sent to the address of AsoloArtFilmFestival.
A Selection Committee will be set up to make a preliminary selection of the submitted works.
The decisions of the Selection Committee will not be disputable. Film-makers and/or producer of the selected works will be informed of their participation to the contest at least 30 days before the Festival&8217;s opening date.
Selected works must be submitted to the address above either in Betacam SP or in tested DVD (Pal Standard) by September 15 the latest, or they will be excluded. Should the work be in a different language from Italian or English, Italian or English subtitles must show. Should subtitles be missing when required, the participant will automatically be excluded from the competition.
The Festival&8217;s Panel of Judged will consist of 5 members chosen by the Organising Committee on a list of international experts. The panel may be supported by a representative of A.I.A.F. as a member by right. The Panel of Judges will award the best works in the contest the following prizes:
- GRAN PREMIO ASOLO FOR THE BEST FILM
- PREMIO GIAN FRANCESCO MALIPIERO FOR THE BEST SOUNDTRACK
- PREMIO ASOLO FOR THE BEST FILM ON ART
- PREMIO ASOLO FOR THE BEST ARTIST&8217;S BIOGRAPHIES
- PREMIO ASOLO FOR THE BEST FILM ON ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN
- PREMIO ASOLO FOR THE BEST VIDEO ART & COMPUTER ART FILM
- PREMIO ASOLO FOR THE BEST SCHOOLS PRODUCTION
Foresto Vecchio, 8
31011 Asolo (TV)
phone: 0423 520455
fax: 0423 951320