International Festival of Film on Art and Artist’s Biographies Films on Art – Artist’s Biographies – Films on Architecture – Films on Design – Video Art & Computer Art – Productions by Cinema Schools – Harmony and Territory
The Festival is conceived and organised by the Cultural Association A.I.A.F. (Asolo International Art Festival), a no profit private institution with legal status (Veneto Regional
Council Decree (DGR) N$&176;. 59/41.03 of 18.04.03).
The contest is divided into seven sections:
- FILMS ON ART for works on art;
- ARTIST’S BIOGRAPHIES for works of historical reconstruction and critical interpretation on personalities from the world of art and music;
- FILMS ON ARCHITECTURE for works on architecture and urbanism relating to history, movements, main personalities, works and projects;
- FILMS ON DESIGN for works on design relating to history, movements, main personalities, works and projects;
- VIDEO ART & COMPUTER ART for works using electronics or computer technologies as a method of direct artistic expression;
- PRODUCTIONS BY SCHOOLS OF CINEMA related to art and music, produced by schools of cinema, specialized higher education institutes and universities;
- HARMONY AND TERRITORY documenting works for the harmonious development of the territory and its contradictions, increasing the value of potential and resources with respect for culture and the environment.
Only works produced after the 1st of January 2009 are eligible for the contest.
The works must fall into one of the seven sections previously described and it must be indicated on the entry-form. The Selection Committee reserves the right to move a work to another section, if it seems to fit more appropriately.
The participation is free of charge.
To enter the contest it is mandatory to:
- print the participation policy and the entry form;
- fill in completely the entry form clearly and legibly;
- send the entry form signed in order to enter the contest and to authorize A.I.A.F. to use the work for teaching, cultural and promotional non profit purposes;
- send 2 copies of the work on DVD standard PAL;
- send a brief biography or an essential filmography of the author/s of the film;
- send a synopsis of the work in Italian or in English;
- send JPEG images of the film and different photos gram or frames of part of the film on CD ROM (at least 4);
- send a detailed list of the original musical tracks the film’s score. Indicate the name of the authors and the titles.
Only the printed and signed entry form has a legal value: the lack of signature will imply the exclusion from the contest.
For any further information or question, please do not hesitate to contact us at the following address:
The applicants will have to take care and responsability for the above mentioned material, which must be submitted by the 15th of May, 2011.
The acceptance of the works arriving after the given date is based on the date printed on the postmark. In case the submitted material results incomplete, only the Festival’s Organizing Committee will decide whether the work is eligible for the contest and its decision will not be disputable. The submitted material will not be returned but kept as documentation in the festival’s archive. A copy of each work will become part of the A.I.A.F. International Archive, created to the benefit of Universities, Schools and students and all the interested once worldwide for educational and studying purposes only and aimed to promote no-profit activities of the AsoloInternationalArtFestival. A.I.A.F. guarantees the possibility to consult freely and free of charge all submitted works.
Works sent to the Festival won’t be copied, duplicated, projected and/or presented beyond official sites where the 30th Edition of AsoloArtFilmFestival takes place, apart further projections for cultural, educational and promotional reasons and only for no profit aims.
The required materials must be sent to the following address:
AsoloArtFilmFestival Foresto Vecchio, 8 31011 Asolo (TV), Italy
A Selection Committee will make a selection of the submitted work.
The decision of the Selection Committee will not be disputable.
Filmmakers and producers of the submitted works will be informed about their admission or refusal; in case of admission, the applicant will have to send to the address indicated above, a copy of the work’s master, better if on Betacam SP (PAL) or on DVD tested PAL,
Copies of the selected works will have to be received by the Festival’s team, within and not later than the 31th of July 2011.
Should the work be in a different language from Italian, Italian (preferably) or English subtitles must be shown. Should subtitles be missing when required, the participant will automatically be excluded from the competition.
Please also send, together with the selected work, a copy of the film trailer (or a sequence of titles) of a maximum duration of two minutes, which will be uploaded in the WebTV to promote the festival.
The Festival’s Panel of Judges will consist of five members chosen by the Organising Committee on a list of International experts. The panel may be supported by a representative of A.I.A.F. as a member by right.
The Panel of Judges will award the best works in the contest the following prizes:
- GRAN PREMIO ASOLO FOR THE BEST FILM
- PREMIO ASOLO FOR THE BEST FILM ON ART
- PREMIO ASOLO FOR THE BEST ARTIST’S BIOGRAPHIE
- PREMIO ASOLO FOR THE BEST FILM ON ARCHITECTURE
- PREMIO ASOLO FOR THE BEST FILM ON DESIGN
- PREMIO ASOLO FOR THE BEST VIDEO ART & COMPUTER ART FILM
- PREMIO ASOLO FOR THE BEST SCHOOLS of PRODUCTION
- PREMIO ASOLO FOR THE BEST HARMONY AND TERRITORY
- PREMIO GIAN FRANCESCO MALIPIERO FOR THE BEST SOUNDTRACK
The panel of Judges will also MENTION, when particularly worthy, other competing works of value.
The decisions of the Panel of Judges will be not disputable.
Together with the official panel of judges will be created a popular one, formed by the public that will watch the projections. The public will fill out an evaluation form for the final award of the PREMIO DEL PUBBLICO (THE PUBLIC PRICE). Evaluation forms will be hand out the Hall of the Theatre Eleonora Duse.
Within the context of the cooperation between A.I.A.F. and Gallery San Fedele the participation to the project Award Artivisive San Fedele will be promoted.
Winners of young director project and of young artist project (who would present own video work) of the Award Artivisive San Fedele 2010/2013 will be admitted by rights to the 30th edition of AsoloArtFilmFestival, under the terms of the Competition Announcement that you can find on
In order to promote the AsoloArtFilmFestival, the copyright owners of the works taking part to the contest freely authorize the inclusions of short sequences of their work (no more than two minutes) in the local, national and international Tv-news and Tv-programmes and on the internet. Furthermore, they authorize the free screening of the whole competing work for no- profit and educational purposes aimed at the promotion of the AsoloInternationalArtFestival. They will be responsible for the contents of their work and consequent diffusion of screenplays and not original music, covered by copyrights.
The Organising Committee of the Festival will take due care of the copies of the submitted works but assumes no responsibilities for any potential damage during transportation or during the Festival.
The organization of the Festival will not take responsibility for postal or custom fees.
In case of understanding problems with this document, the Italian and the English version will stand as proof.
Any disputes arising out of or in connection with this Competition Announcement shall be decided in accordance with the Forum of Treviso.
Participation to the contest implies acceptance of the Regulations.
Personal data will be treated according to the legislative decree of Italian Law n. 196 of 30.06.2003 about Privacy and subsequent modifications and integrations.