Cornerhouse, Manchester’s international centre for contemporary arts and film, announces an open call for audio, for ARTRADIO Cornerhouse&8217;s temporary radio station, broadcasting in FM and online through late June to August of 2007.
Deadline Friday 27 April 2007, 12noon
ARTRADIO is calling for open submissions of existing audio work of a diverse variety, for example;
- digital sound productions from the broad spectrum of experimental music and sound
- field recordings / found sound
- sound performance and event archives
- cultural interviews, radio plays and works
- sounds and shows for breakfast.
More about ARTRADIO
ARTRADIO will broadcast from Cornerhouse galleries, and will form the base for a dynamic array of live residency broadcasts, events, pre-recorded and archive programmes, as well as invited feeds, guest slots and submitted content. The public is invited to listen, observe and get involved.
Resident artists will shape the core programming of the broadcast schedule. The artists are Diana McCarty & Pit Schultz, reboot.fm, (Berlin); Eileen Simpson & Ben White, Open Music Archive, (London), David Blandy (London).
ARTRADIO will broadcast daily from 8.00am – midnight (in FM for 26 days, and online for 8 weeks, pending Ofcom confirmation of FM frequency). Normal gallery hours apply.
Deadline Friday 27 April 2007, 12noon.
Please include the following in your application materials:
- Artist name, full contact information & brief resume / CV
- Short statement (max 300 words) explaining the submitted work and artistic practice
- Only two entries per artist / project and submissions all as: Stereo WAV or AIFF files ready for broadcast, clearly labelled with name of artist, title, format and duration.
Deadline & Submission Address:
Materials must be received no later than Friday 27 April 2007, 12noon, by postal mail to:
ARTRADIO Open Submission, Cornerhouse, 70 Oxford Street, Manchester, M1 5NH, UK.
Please note that there is no fee available for selected work.