International festival of audiovisual animated works AniFest 2012 – Teplice is a specialized competition festival. The mission of the festival is to contribute to the expansion of animated work and to present it year-round in all its forms.
The competition categories announced for 2012 are:
- International Competition of Short Animated Films up to 5 Minutes in Length
- International Competition of Short Animated Films from 5 to 15 Minutes in Length
- International Competition of Short Animated Films from 15 to 60 Minutes in Length
- International Competition of Feature-length Animated Films
- International Competition of Student Animated Films
- International Competition of Animated Television Films and Series
- International Competition of Animated Commercials and Jingles
- International Competition of Animated Music Videos
- International Competition of Non-narative and Experimental Animated Films
- International Competition of Animated Films Made by Children up to 12 years of age
- International Competition of Animated Films Made by Children from 12 to 15 years of age
- NON-STATUTORY COMPETITION CATEGORIES
- International Competition of Flipbooks
- International Competition of Short Animated School Films of the Visegrad countries
Basic Terms and Conditions of all competition categories
Only films that fulfill all of the following conditions and criteria can be entered into the International Competition of Animated Films:
- Over 50% of the film’s running time consists of animation, whereas, for this purpose, the ASIFA definition of animation is used by the festival: “The art of animation is the creation of moving pictures in all ways with the exception of live action”. The sphere of animation technologies used is unrestricted.
- The film was completed after January 1, 2010
- The film has not been entered in the Festival Competition in any previous years
- The film / screening copy must be in 35 mm or DVD format (or other data medium, to be agreed with organizer).
- Films with inappropriate content won’t be accepted (e. g. pornographic, Nazi or racist, affecting religious or minority rights)
- It is possible to submit one film to more than one category but the film can compete in one competition category only. Organizers reserve the right to transfer the film to other competition category
- Selected films are judged by a special jury.
Screening copy of the film selected for the competition must be sent by February 15, 2012 at the latest.
- Applicants registering a film into the Festival competition must be authorized to show the film at the Festival and authorized to handle the film as provided in these regulations, or the person holding this authorization must provide their consent for the use of the film in the scope specified herein.
- Applicants shall fill out the online entry form in Czech or in English and submit the film by online submission system. A separate entry form must be filled out and submitted for each film entered.
- There is no fee required by the Organizer in connection with the entry form; the applicant is responsible for all costs related to submitting the application.
- Along with the application the applicant must deliver to the following materials:
- A quality recording of the film on DVD or upload the film to ftp server of organizer (Login and Pass on email email@example.com. Please, Subject of your email = ID your film.). The name of file must be identical with name of film in this case.
- CV of the director in Czech or English; 1 x photo of the director (in print quality, min. 300 dpi) 1 x still from the film in print quality (min. 300 dpi), a short synopsis of the film in the range up to 350 characters in Czech or English, a dialogue list in Czech or English. These materials must be supplied in data form by online submitting system on www.anifest.cz. Only data format bmp, jpg, doc, odt, txt are acceptable.