The competition is open to all video and multimedia makers.
Video works and Multimedia projects (CD-roms and web-art) should be original or display a personal approach in which artistic research overshadows the technical means employed.
- No entry fee will be charged. Therefore, documents, preview tapes, photos or any other material accompanying the application, will not be returned.
- Selection is open to 3 works maximum per artist.
- Video must be submitted for selection on VHS TAPE or DVD VIDEO ZONE 2 before November 7, 2005. Each tape must be identified with the following information (labels on the tape and the case) : Title, director&8217;s name and surname, duration, B&W or colour, soundtrack, subtitles. Altered copies and other formats will not be considered.
- Multimedia projects (Mac AND Windows), will be CD-Rom or DVD-Rom, including web-art pieces if possible (all filles must be sent, even plug-ins). Each work must be identified with the following information on the record and its case : Title, director&8217;s name. Altered documents will not be considered.
- Each entry should be sent with the following documents, written in French and/or English when necessary : • entry form fully filled in capitals or typed, which should bear the hand-written words "read and approved" above the signature, • a curriculum vitae (résumé) and a full list of works, awards and exhibitions, • one or two photos (Tiff or EPS, 300 dpi) of the work for press, catalogue and any promotional media, • the director&8217;s photography (Jpeg, 72dpi) for the festival website. Every uncompleted or not readable form will not be considered.
- Each video in other language than French should be submitted with French subtitles. Multimedia projects using foreign language will have to be submitted with a notice in French.
- Artists whose work passes selection shall be personally notified. Each video may enter : • the competition (Prix de la Création vidéo) • or off competition : for the Videothèque éphémère (Video and multimedia 'Transient' Library, VHS & DVD private screenings on monitors, free access for general public and professionals), for the "Nuit des Arts Electroniques" (March 15, 2006), for the "Projections Parallèles". Every artist selected for the competition will be offered a reduction coupon (20%) for travel railway fares in France and two hotel nights during the screenings period (From March 16th to 19th).
SCREENINGS AND FORMAT, SHIPPINGS
- When artist have confirmation of their selection (excepted for the vidéothèque éphémère), they must send : A BETA SP PAL, or Mini DV PAL, or MiniDVCam PAL, (other formats are unacceptable) for the official screenings.
- All recordings will be sent at the expense and sole risk of the candidates, who hereby discharge the organization from any liability whatsoever, including loss of or damage to the recordings when they are returned to the artists concerned. Copy for exhibition will not be returned unless specifically requested by the applicant and only if sufficient International Reply Postage Coupons are provided to cover return expenses : Zone A : 10 coupons (Western Europe, Gibraltar, San Marine, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, The Vatican) Zone B : 13 coupons (Other countries of Europe, including the 10 new countries of the UE, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria) Zone C : 15 coupons (Africa – except Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria – the United States, Canada, the Middle East) Zone D : 17 coupons (Other destinations) No return will be at the charge of the organizers. No return will be made later than September 30th, 2006.
SCREENING AGREEMENT / DOCUMENTATION
- Every awarded or nominated work will enter the VIDEOFORMES DIGITAL ARCHIVES. These works might be selected for promotion purposes in cultural events in France or abroad. The artists will be notified each time. No commercial use will be made.
- Every work selected for competition will enter the VIDEOFORMES DIGITAL ARCHIVES unless otherwise clearly stated in the submitted form.These works might be selected for promotion purposes in cultural events in France or abroad. The artists will be notified each time. No commercial use will be made.
- Every work entering the VIDEOFORMES DIGITAL ARCHIVES will also enter a database which will be net-accessible.
- No fees will be paid for the festival screenings. Videos or multimedia might be used for the media promotion of the festival.
- A professional jury and an additional university jury will award prizes and nominations. The awards presentation will take place on March 18, 2006 : Prix du Conseil Général du Puy de Dôme, Prix Vidéoformes, Prix de l’IUP Métiers du Livre et Editions numériques.
THE COMPLETED ENTRY FORM REPRESENTS THE CANDIDATE’S CONSENT TO THE ABOVE RULES AND REGULATIONS
SHOULD ANY ITEMS BE MISSING IN THE FILE, SUBMISSION WOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED
Works are to be sent with submission form by mail to :
VIDEOFORMES – 64, rue Lamartine – B.P. 50 – 63002 Clermont-Ferrand Cedex 1 – FRANCE
bearing the inscription “no commercial value” for custom clearance
DEADLINE : NOVEMBER 9TH, 2005.