Videoex is Pleased to announce the call for entries for the 2006 edition of the Festival
VIDEOEX invites you to submit your work for the international & swiss competition.
VIDEOEX International Experimental film & Video Festival
18- 28 MAY 2006 Zurich Switzerland
We are looking for:
- experimental films (8mm/16mm/35mm)
- videos (experimental, videoart, …)
- innovative animation
- experimental digital & graphic productions(to be screened)
- experimental documentaries
- experimental music videos
entry deadline 3 February 2006
For Details download entry form & rules www.videoex.ch
(PDF Files to open with acrobat reader)
or send a e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
no entry fee
Send tapes & entry form & brief description to:
We are looking for:
Experimental films (35mm / 16mm / 8mm), videos, innovative animations, experimental digital & graphic productions (to be screened), experimental documentaries & innovative music videos.
- The purpose of the Videoex festival is to promote video and experimental film works.
- Videoex 2006 will include an international competition. The total price amount to CHF 6000.- (aprox. US$ 4000.).
- The festival will make a subjective choice, based on criteria of quality and originality in both form and content.
- The following formats are accepted for the competition: (Screened in Original Format)
- 35mm, 16mm, S8mm films
- U-Matic (pal, secam, ntsc)
- Beta SP (pal, secam)
- Mini DV (pal / ntsc) / DVD
- S-VHS (pal only) / VHS (pal / ntsc)
- Maximum duration is 60 min (exceptions may apply). No feature films will be accepted.
- Participants may submit a maximum of 3 works.
- To take part of the competition participants must submit a preview copy of their work. Accepted preview formats: VHS (pal, ntsc), mini DV (pal, ntsc), DVD
- All preview tapes must be accompanied by a filled out entry form and the author’s video- / filmography. German, French, Italian & English are accepted. They must arrive in Zurich no later then the 3 February 2006.
- All preview tapes will be sent at the expense and sole risk of the candidates, who hereby discharge the Videoex 2006 from any liability.
- Works being shown at the festival will be insured at the cost of the copy during the festival.
- Only works produced after 1st October 2004 are applicable.
- The entry implies full acceptance of the rules.
- Preview material will remain in the Videoex archive, if you wish to have the preview material returned please send international postage stamps for the equivalent of the postage fee (USD 20.- for international mail). The other works will remain in the Videoex archive.
- Shipment must be declared as:
"art work for cultural purpose only"
"no commercial value"
- All entrants will be notified by 10th April 2006
Videoex Zurich Switzerland
Kanonengasse 20 / CH – 8004 Zurich / Switzerland
Tel +41 433220813 / Fax +41 433220815