The exhibition will present artists who, in various expressive media such as film, installations, performances, sound, and painting, investigate and interrogate the documentary form. They are exploring and posing the question of which ideology and rhetoric are at play behind the images and narratives we call reality and what these images are trying to convey to us. Why has one sort of image become so dominant in our culture, and what kind of alternatives exist? Can art create other languages, images, and realities?
A catalogue is being produced for the exhibition containing interviews with the participating artists, and texts by Pamela Lee - professor, art and art history, Stanford University, USA; Natasa Petresin - freelance curator and critic, Slovenia; Kim West - editor of Site Magazine and writer, Sweden; and Sara Arrhenius.
Latest Blog posts
- Through Other Eyes
- Workshop: Through Other Eyes
- Terms of Refusal
- First international Cyprus Poster Triennial
- Women in Conflict Zones-book presentation
- State Machines: book launch
- EXIT STRATEGY
- State Machines: Reflections and Actions at the Edge of Digital Citizenship, Finance, and Art
- Garrett Lynch