7th Kish International Documentary Film Festival - Call for entries
Kidff aim is to promote and propagate the production of documentary films and to develop a sprit of friendship and cooperation among filmmakers from all around the world while bringing the International attention to the Kish ecotouristic attractions and possibilities.
The date of the festival is from 26 Feb. to 2 Mar. 2006 and will include Iran Competition, International Competition and other Programmes.
These special programmes focus on specific countries, directors and /or themes.
- Please complete entry form in CAPITAL LETTERS and write very clearly.
- Send the preview VHS (PAL) tapes – possibly 2 VHS for each film – with all documentations by 21st August 2005. No entry Fee.
- All films submitted for selection must be in original version with English subtitles if they are not English spoken (dialogues / commentary).
- The films Submitted for the official selection must have been produced or completed not earlier than January 2003.Running time should not exceed 35 min. The festival committee reserves its right to accept longer running – times on specific occasions.
- Kidff accepts the following screening formats: Betacam -Pal, MiniDV – Pal,DVCam – Pal. NO DVD!
- Video copies of works originally shot in 35 or 16 mm are also accepted.
- An independent committee selects the works to enter the competition.
- Only one film per participant will be accepted.
- On 7 October 2005: a list of all titles selected for the competition is published on the Internet under http://www.kidff.com/. By the end of October all entrants will also receive e-mail notification of the results of the selection process.
- The directors of the films selected may be invited to the festival.
- The festival may provide free hotel accommodation for five nights for the directors whose documentaries have been selected for the International and Iran Competition.
- VHS cassettes for selection may only be sent via post or DHL, at sender’s charge, along with any press articles or advertising material deemed useful and photos of the film (color or b/w), one photo of the director. The sender must acquit any custom duties, or the festival bureau may refuse them.
- The-shipping insurance for shipping videos to and from is entirely the responsibility of the participants.
Jury and Awards
• The official Jury for International Competition is formed by outstanding personalities in the documentary film-making area and in arts and culture in general and shall grant “The Grand Prix” as well as First, Second and -Third Prize in the International Competition.
The international award namely “Don Quijote” shall also be granted by an special jury or by the same as above.
• Other cultural institutions will issue other prizes decided by their own juries.
The festival management and juries’ decisions are final. Entry and participation of documentaries implies unconditional acceptance of the regulations. In unspecified cases, the festival management will make a final decision.
Entries, preview cassettes and documentation material as well as all correspondences, should be addressed to the address of Kish International Documentary Film Festival.
Event dates: 26 Feb – 2 Mar 2006
Kish International Documentary Film Festival
Ave. Afrigha -Kish St. – No3., P.O.Box: 15875-7378
phone: +98-21 8783999
fax: +98-21 8663035