58th International Short Film Festival Oberhausen
Oberhausen is now inviting submissions for the competitions in its 58th edition. We are looking for experiments, new angles and forms, works with their own visual language. For almost 60 years, Oberhausen’s strength has lain in its willingness to embrace the new, the surprising, the idiosyncratic.
Terms and conditions for submission to the 58th edition in brief:
Submissions for the competitions of the 58th International Short Film Festival Oberhausen should be made via the international Internet platform reelport.com, where submitted films can be uploaded directly. If this is not possible, you can also fill in our new online submission form here and send a preview DVD to Oberhausen. We accept only DVD as preview format.
- Your film was not produced in Germany (seat of production company).
- Deadline for the submission of international productions is 13 January 2012 (date of receipt).
- Open to films and videos of 35 minutes maximum running time, produced between 2010 and 2012.
- Total sum of awards €26,500.
- International productions may not have been shown at any other festival in Germany.
- Entry form
- Your film was produced in Germany (seat of production company).
- Deadline for the submission of German productions is 15 February 2012 (date of receipt).
- Open to films and videos of 45 minutes maximum running time, produced between 2011 and 2012.
- Total sum of awards €7,500.
- Entry form
Music videos for the MuVi Award
- Open to music videos whose director and/or production company reside in Germany.
- Deadline for submissions to the MuVi Award 2012 is 21 February 2012.
- Open to music videos whose director and/or production company reside in Germany, maximum running time 15 minutes, produced between 2011 and 2012.
- Total sum of awards €5,500.
- Entry deadline 15 February 2012 (date of receipt, no extension)
- Open to film and video formats, maximum 45 minutes in length
- Awards totalling €1,500
Children’s and Youth Film Competition
- All entries to the International and German Competitions that are appropriate for this competition will be previewed
- For entry requirements, see paragraph 5 of the regulations
- Awards totalling €3,000, conferred by two juries of children and young people
How do I submit my film?
- Enter and upload your film to reelport.com or fill in our online form and send DVD.
- Wait until the independent committees have previewed all submissions.
- Filmmakers whose entries have been selected for competition will be informed in mid-March 2012 by e-mail only. Please be sure to provide a valid e-mail address with your submission accordingly.
- The Festival invites all filmmakers whose works have been selected for the competitions to Oberhausen.
- If you are not selected, you can register for the Open Screening once the competition selection has been announced (see paragraph 8 of the regulations).