Event dates: Oct. 2007
call for proposals
Full House Promotion in collaboration with the Megaron, Athens Concert Hall and the international partners of the Platform: The Red House from Bulgaria, Lokomotiva from the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and ArtLink from Romania is pleased to announce the 4th edition of the Balkan Dance Platform 2007 (BDP 2007) – the only biennial event in the Balkans showcasing the current tendencies in contemporary dance and choreography in the region.
Full House Promotion will stage BDP 2007 from October 11th to October 14th, 2007 in Athens, Greece at the venues of the Athens Concert Hall
The aim of BDP 2007 is to enhance the development of the contemporary dance in the Balkan countries through promotion and presentation of choreographers and dancers, stimulating new productions, cooperation and networking in the region.
BDP 2007 follows on the success of the first edition in Sofia in 2001 co-organised by The Red House, Sofia and Project DCM Foundation, Bucharest, the second edition organised two years later in Bucharest, Romania in conjunction with the BucharEastWest International Dance Festival and the last one organised in Skopje in 2005 by Lokomotiva – Centre for New Initiatives in Arts and Culture.
BDP 2007 will include the largest number of participants including artists from Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro, fYRoM, Slovenia, Croatia, Kosovo and Turkey.
To allow equal chance to new and emerging dancers and choreographers to present their work, BDP 2007 has appointed an international jury from the contemporary dance scene in the region to select the participating artists following a review of the submitted proposals.
One can apply with “work-in-progress”, but if selected for BDP 2007, the work is expected to be finished by end of May 2007.)
The artists will be selected by a jury consisted of representative of the partners on the basis of an application form and DVD. The platform will be attended by a large group of international promoters.
The main focus of the 4th Balkan Dance Platform 2007 is to present and promote fresh concepts, new artistic ideas and initiatives in contemporary dance in the Balkan region. The aim is to encourage talented and innovative individuals and groups to present their concepts preserving their originality and creativity.
Aims of BDP 2007
- to introduce the most recent contemporary dance work made by choreographers working and living in Balkan countries to international audience
- to foster cultural exchanges between Balkan countries;
- to stimulate the collaboration between artists and dance festivals from the Balkan region and other countries.
Eligibility for the Balkan Dance Platform
- contemporary dance works made in the Balkan countries: Albania, Bosnia- Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro, Turkey and for the first time Slovenia.
- Works between ten min (10) and sixty min (60) duration, produced in 2006/2007
- works made to be presented in non theatrical space are welcome (e.g. in the theatre foyer or outside in the street)
- works with simple technical requirements, accomplished within three hours of technical set-up
- submission of a DVD with the work to be presented (in full length)
- you can apply with work in progress, if you are selected it is expected that you will have finished the work by end of May 2007 and send a DVD of the finished work
- different artists working under the same company name
- artists presented in previous BDP editions
- there is no age limit for applicants, however BDP encourages and supports newcomers and artists at the first steps of their career and those who have not toured much abroad
- complete application reaching Athens before 13th April 2007 (complete applications are considered those with complete application form and DVD
Note: Please, do not send application and DVD by registered mail.
Full House Promotion
18 Sikelianou & 2 Nikolakopoulou Str, N. Psychiko
115 25 Athens
phone: + 30 210 6713609