41st International Film Festival Rotterdam
Call for Short and Feature length films
The International Film Festival Rotterdam aims to offer a quality selection of worldwide independent, innovative and experimental cinema and visual arts. Devoted to offering a platform to and actively supporting independent filmmaking from around the globe, The International Film Festival Rotterdam is the essential hub for discovering film talent and for catching the early buzz on many world and international premiers.
Submission to the Festival is open to feature films, creative documentaries, experimental films, short films and innovative visual productions for digital media completed after January 1, 2011. Student films (with the exception of post-graduate works) are excluded from submission to the festival.
The Festival gives priority to world and international premiers; films that have already been shown in The Netherlands are not admitted. Films previously submitted to the Festival and not programmed will not be considered for the 2012 Festival.
As a non-profit festival the International Film Festival does not charge an entry fee.
As part of the official programme the Festival includes two competitions to promote talented new filmmakers:
- the Tiger Awards Competition (for feature length films)
- the Tiger Awards Competition for Short Films.
For both competitions the selection of films which will compete is made by the Festival Programme Committee.
Submission Guidelines and Materials
- The film should be entered online
- The submission deadlines for selection purposes, which means the deadline for the Festival’s office to receive all required submission materials, are:
- Short films (up to 60 min.) completed before 1 July 2011: 1 September 2011
- Short films (up to 60 min.) completed after 1 July 2011: 1 October 2011
- Feature length films (60+ min.): 1 November 2011
- The applicant is requested to send:
- One DVD (region 0 or 2) your DVD must be labeled with the title, director’s name, production company address and telephone number, length, subtitling (if any). Please clearly indicate if the submitted DVD is the final version or a work-in-progress.
- Available press notes and publicity materials requested in the online entry form such as:
- Synopsis of the film (in English),
- A statement of the director on the film,
- Biography and filmography of the director,
- Full cast and credits list. In case an item is not available at the time of submission, it will be requested immediately upon selection.
International Film Festival Rotterdam
Attn: Programme Department
3001 AR Rotterdam