The Marseille International Documentary Film Festival
call for films and video
The Marseille International Documentary Film Festival is organised to promote cinema by presenting films to broadcasters, the media and the public.
The directors of the films selected in competition may be invited to the festival.
The films and programs submitted for the official selection must have been produced no earlier than January 1, 2009.
Long and short films may be submitted for selection.
All supports (film, video) may be submitted. Filmmakers may enter several works, though only one film per filmmaker can be selected for the official selection.
All films submitted for selection must be in original version, with French or English subtitles.
The director and the entitled persons commit themselves not to withdraw films once the festival program is publicly announced during the press confrence which be held in June 2010.
Films will be selected to participate in specific programs determined by the Board of Directors:
- Official Selection (International Competition, French Competition, International Selection not in competition, First Films Competition)
- Parallel Programs (retrospectives, homages, round tables, cartes blanches, and all special screenings)
A selection committee composed of film professionals selects films for the International Competition, the First Films Competition, and the French Competition.
Films selected may compete for:
- The Grand Prix of the International Competition
- The Grand Prix of the French Competition
- The First Film Award
- The National Georges de Beauregard Prize
- The International Georges de Beauregard Prize
- The Public Librairies Prize
- The Marseille Esperance Prize
- The GNCR prize
- Other prizes may be attributed upon decision of the festival Board of Directors in agreement with and upon suggestion of juries.
The directors, producers, and distributors of the winning films agree to mention the prize they are awarded in press documents and promotional materials as well as during any distribution of the winning film (add festival insert on the credit titles).
Copies of the films selected must be received by the festival office before June 11th 2010. If possible, they should be subtitled in French. Simultaneous translation into English will be arranged for films in the official selection. The script in the original language and the list of subtitles must be received at least one month before the festival (at the end of May).
For the projection of the films selected, producers must provide the following original formats : 16 mm optical sound (double-band if necessary), 35 mm optical sound, beta sp, DVD.
If the original format is different from those listed above, the screening copy must be in one of these formats.
- The cost of shipping copies and customs duties will be paid by the sender.
- The screening copy must be sent to the festival office.
- The festival will pay for the return of the copies selected.
14, allée Léon Gambetta
phone: +33 4 95 04 44 90
fax: + 33 4 95 04 44 91