International Biennial of Drawing Pilsen is a unique art competition in a specific category monochromatic drawings. The competition takes place every even year. There is a limitation of the format, a standard size to the size of 100×70 cm. The exclusivity of the project, highlights the method of selection of works for the exhibition and awards. Selection is carried out by an international jury, consisting of experts in drawing. In total there are 10 prizes awarded. The jury selects the main price Grand Prix and also artists who will receive a certificate highest quality Short list. Other prizes awarded representatives of the City of Pilsen and representatives of partner organizations. This unique collection selected by a jury is fully exposed only in Pilsen. Within the Biennial are organized traveling exhibitions, which have a tradition since 2006. The intention of traveling exhibitions is a presentation of the unique project Biennial of Drawing Pilsen and an invitation for the upcoming competition year. The exhibition is composed of award-winning works selected by an international jury for the exhibition in Pilsen. The exhibition is completed by other selected works according to available space of the exhibition hall.
Organizer is The Professional Association of Legal Entities, The Biennial of Drawing Pilsen
The selected works will be exhibited between 8 October-16 November 2014 in the following galleries:
- The Municipal Gallery of Pilsen, Dominikánská 2, Pilsen
- Jiří Trnka Gallery, nám. Republiky 40, Pilsen
Terms of participation
- Monochrome drawings
- Maximum dimension 100X70 cm – dimension of paper
- We accept maximum 5 works created after 2010
- Payment of an entry fee of €50 for foreign artists
- Deadline for applications is on 31st May 2014
- Each drawing will be judged individually.
- Sets of drawings are accepted only when drawings put together make maximum size 100×70cm.
Works exhibited at the 9th International Biennial of Drawing Pilsen 2014 will be judged by a qualified international jury. This jury will also award the Grand Prix.
There will be other prizes awarded:
- Prize of The President of The Pilsen Region
- Prize of The Lord Mayor of the City of Pilsen
- Prize of The International Association of Art – Europe
- Prize of Czech Centres
- Prize of The Union of Visual Arts of the Czech Republic
- Prize of BBK- Bundesverband
- Prize of The Hungarian Association of Graphic Artists
- Prize of The Slovak Union of Visual Artists
- Prize of The Students of the Faculty of Art and Design of UWB
Posted: 01 January 2014
Short URL: http://neme.org/1654
DEADLINE: 31 May 2014