Submissions for Animafest 2014 short edition are open. If you have a short (up to 30 min) animated film produced after 1 January 2012 you can submit it via our online entry form. You can submit your film to one of the following categories: Grand Competition, Student Competition, Commissioned Films Competition and Films for Children Competition. Films suitable for children that are submitted for Grand or Student Competition category can also be submitted for Films for Children Competition. Submission is free of charge and the deadline is 1 February 2014.
The 24th World Festival of Animated Film Animafest Zagreb is an international competition festival of short animated films that will be held in Zagreb
from 3 to 8 June 2014.
Animafest’s submissions are open to films applying all animation techniques, including combinations of live action and animation. Over 50% of the production must consist of animated sequences. Films must be completed after 1 January 2012 and with maximum running time of 30 minutes. Films previously entered at Animafest will not be taken into consideration. Films can be submitted for one of the following competition categories:
- Grand Competition
- Student Competition
- Films for Children Competition
- Commissioned Film Competition
NOTE: Films suitable for children that are submitted for Grand or Student Competition category can also be submitted for the Films for Children Competition category.
There is no entry fee required. Online entry forms are available on the official Festival web site:
The Festival does not pay screening fees for the works selected for the Competition and Panorama programs.
- For each film the applicant is required to fill out a separate online entry form and submit a selection preview of the film and additional materials
- The submitted works must be in the final edited version.
- Works in progress will not be considered. Films with dialogues or narration in languages other than English must have English subtitles
Required additional materials
- directors’ biography,filmography and list of awards; director’s photograph;
- 3 film stills (300dpi);
- dialogue list in English;
- synopsis for the official festival catalogue;
- press kit (optional)
A film preview and additional materials can be submitted:
- Online including the URL for the download of the film preview and additional materials within the entry form. Preview of the film and additional materials must be available for download until 1 April 2014
- Regular (air) mail and express courier film preview on a DVD and required materials on a CD or DVD should reach Animafest’s office until 5 February 2014
All materials should have your submission ID number clearly marked on all the covers. All materials need to be sent to the following address:
World Festival of Animated Film Animafest Zagreb
c/o: Hulahop Ltd
Nova Ves 18/3
10 000 Zagreb
NOTE: Please mark ‘For cultural purposes only, no commercial value
Posted: 25 October 2013
Short URL: http://neme.org/1619
DEADLINE: 1 February 2014