Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival (Bristol, UK) is the UK’s longest running competitive short film and animation festival. It presents one of the world’s best-known showcases and meeting points for emerging talent, and seeks to promote the importance of short film as a means to develop the next generation of filmmakers and animators. Encounters is also a gateway to the world’s most prestigious short film and animation awards: the BAFTAs, the Oscars®, the European Film Awards and the Cartoon d’Or.
Discover the full catalogues, trailers, short films, talks, photo galleries and award winners from our previous editions in the Encounters archive.
- The 19th Encounters takes place from 17 – 22 September 2013.
- Early Deadline 29 March 2013 (for films completed in 2013)
- Final Deadline 3 June 2013 (for films completed in 2013)
Encounters is one of the best-known showcases and meeting points for emerging talent, and is the leading UK gateway to the world’s most prestigious short film and animation awards, including the BAFTAs, Cartoon d’Or, European Film Awards, and Oscars®. A hotbed of talent development, the festival presents a rare and excellent opportunity for industry and creatives alike to meet new people, benefit from peer-to-peer exchanges, and develop new collaborations. Year on year filmmakers and industry figures return to soak up the buzz and excitement of the festival, hoping to see the next best thing in short film, and participate in first-rate panels, discussions, and workshops. Throughout the week, the festival offers a series of eclectic, challenging and fun events, to engage and inspire all.
Encounters has teamed up with Reelport to provide an online submissions service. To guide you through the process of submitting work to the festival, here’s our handy how-to, in 7 steps..
- READ OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Yes the Terms & Conditions are quite lengthy, but you’ll find most of the answers you’re looking for (you can also check our FAQs). Plus in order to submit, you’ll have to agree to them.
- REGISTER YOUR FILM AT REELPORT.COM
- Once you register all of your film details with Reelport you’ll be able to submit it to lots of wonderful festivals – including Encounters.
- CREDIT YOUR REELPORT ACCOUNT
- Encounters charges 25 Euros for each submission – find out why here. Your Reelport account must have the relevant value of credits (‘reels’) in order to complete the submission process. Multiple entry discounts are available (see the “Fees” section below).
- SELECT TO SUBMIT YOUR FILM TO ENCOUNTERS SHORT FILM AND ANIMATION FESTIVAL
- There are loads of festivals to submit to on Reelport; look for the Encounters logo and make that your first port of call.
- SELECT YOUR CORRECT AWARD ELIGIBILITY
- Make sure your film is entered into the correct categories to maximise its award winning potential.
- UPLOAD YOUR FILM
- Very important – if you don’t upload it, we can’t see it.
- CHECK THAT YOU HAVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM REELPORT
- Your submission is only complete when you receive a confirmation email from Reelport (remember to check your junk folder). Once you get this put your feet up and relax, no further action is necessary!
Encounters accepts short films from all over the world completed from 1 Jan 2012, under 30 minutes in length from every genre (animation, live action drama, documentary, experimental, music video), and does NOT have a premiere policy.
Short URL: http://neme.org/1547/
DEADLINE: 3 June 2013