Selection Criteria for Guest Curator Applications, 2014
The annual guest curator position offered by the Abraaj Capital Art Prize (ACAP) is an opportunity to work directly with the Organisers and five leading artists from the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia (MENASA) on new projects. The chosen curator will be included in the Selection Committee for the 2014 winning artists and be responsible for the display of the artworks at Art Dubai and an accompanying publication.
Materials to submit via an online application form include the following:
- SECTION ONE
- Contact Details
- SECTION TWO: Professional Background
- Details of qualifications, exhibition history & awards [this can be in free flowing text or listed as per a C.V., maximum 500 words]
- Images [up to 3] of exhibitions you have curated / artists you have worked with. [This can be 3 individual PDF files with more than one image and accompanying text if appropriate, maximum file limit per file is 8MB]
- Writing samples [up to 3, each maximum 2000 words]. These can be published work, online or an extract of a thesis
- SECTION THREE: Proposal
- Curatorial statement [maximum 500 words]. Explain the broader context of your interest in the MENASA region and what you feel you can bring to the ACAP.
- Details of two referees from fellow art professionals who are familiar with your work and you are happy for us to contact to discuss your application. These can be from artists.
- There is no age restriction for curators to apply.
- No specific curatorial qualifications are necessary but you must have quantifiable experience in the field of curating on an international level, of at least 8 years standing.
- You can originate from; and currently live in; any country in the world.
- You must be able to dedicate enough time to the ACAP project and not be involved in any conflicting appointments from September 2013 – March 2014.
- Work directly with the Organisers and the 5 chosen artists to ensure that all 5 art projects are produced and delivered by the deadline of Art Dubai, March 2014.
- Prepare content for a publication on all 5 winning projects of ACAP 2014. This includes sourcing photographs and any necessary image permissions to accompany your writing. Deadline is Art Dubai, March 2014.
- At the request of the Organisers, the Guest Curator shall personally appear at the event announcing the winners of ACAP 2014 and the unveiling of the prize in March 2014, the dates of such events to be stipulated by the Organisers.
- The guest curator shall be expected to make themselves available for interviews with the media at the request of the Organisers.
The chosen guest curator will receive a set fee, paid in instalments. There is no application fee.
Please be in touch with us if you have any further queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Short URL: http://neme.org/1515/
DEADLINE: 31 December 2012